To minimise the impact of COVID-19, the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and the OERu are joining forces with the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE) and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) to support education institutions around the world transitioning to online learning using open educational resources (OER).
Aims of the OER4Covid initiative
The initiative aims to:
- Establish an open, online community support network for educators tasked with transitioning to online learning
- In consultation with developing countries, assess local needs to transition to online learning
- Share OER-enabled online courses for reuse and remixing by institutions around the world
- Provide examples of open technologies to minimize the risks of proprietary vendor lock-in during this crisis
- Curate openly licensed resources to assist educators and learners transitioning to online learning.
- Build capacity among educators to design and develop OER-enabled online courses for local needs.
Join the OER4Covid community
We invite anyone interested in using OER to support learning to join our global community.